Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pepperoni pizza at Trattoria - 48%


Trattoria Italian Kitchen, Vancouver, BC
http://www.glowbalgroup.com/trattoria/


I'm not one for food chain places. They're usually not locally owned and rarely provide local produce. Having said that, the perfect pizza can be found in the most unlikely of places, and so I decided to give Trattoria Italian Kitchen 'a fair go'. Sadly, I wish I hadn't.

The vibe was great and the waiter was super attentive. It was their busy Pasta Tuesday (all pastas for $11), so the joint was buzzing as early as 5.30pm. I ordered their pepperoni pizza and I have to say that I was pretty disappointed overall. The pizza, enough for a single person's meal, was uber cheesy (not my style) and the pizza sauce had large pieces of uncooked garlic in it. Very unpleasant! On a positive note, the pizza was reasonably priced between $13-16 before tax, which makes for a decent feed if you like lots of cheese and lots of garlic.

And so the search continues...



No comments:

Post a Comment